Siemens Digital Industries Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services. We've long understood the potential of PLM for business and pioneered many of the product development, management and collaboration technologies that launched the industry. Today, with nearly 4 million licensed seats of our technology in use, Siemens PLM software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data!
Based in our Siemens software offices in Milford, Ohio this position involves working within a group responsible for developing & maintaining our software component product suite; Parasolid and Bodyshop.
The successful candidate will undertake a key role in the major group activities, which include:
- Solving sophisticated mathematical and engineering problems.
- Design and implementation of world leading solid modelling functionality.
- Working with customers to tackle problems and improve efficiency.
- Communication and teamwork within the team and with customers
- Project responsibility, including: specification, design, implementation, testing and documentation
- Analysis and design of software solutions and algorithms
- Ensuring ongoing quality of delivery to customers
- Maintaining existing functionality and solving customer issues
- A degree in a numerate subject (e.g. mathematics, sciences, engineering).
Important Skills and Knowledge:
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of Vector mathematics.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Detailed knowledge of a high level language e.g. C or C++
- Knowledge of: XML, Visual Studio, OpenGL, STL, MFC
- Experience of developing technical or scientific software, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Software development lifecycle process – Requirement specification, Functional specification, Design specification, Test specification.
- Automated unit testing.
- Modular toolkit architectures and API design.
- Software algorithms.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Overall project design and ownership.
- CAD / 3D geometry systems – as an end user or software developer.
- Solid modelling / Parasolid components.
- Computer Graphics.
- Numerical methods.
- Algorithm design.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written.
- Team working.
- Organization and time management.
- An energetic and proactive approach.
- Clear thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.