Virtualisation Engineer Senior - 308754
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Virtualisation Engineer Senior - 308754
· Level3 technical support for global virtualization services, comprising 1600+ physical virtualization servers and 40,000+ Virtual Machines in 4 global datacenters, running predominantly VMware vSphere solutions.
· Lead the technical design, implementation & operational practices associated with the delivery of virtualization services to the Siemens Digital Industries Software global software engineering organization, comprising 15,000+ software engineering customers.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the following technology focus areas
o vCloud Director, vSphere, Horizon, vRealize Operations & Loginsight
o Tintri, Network Appliance and HP Nimble storage appliances
o HP & Dell Server technology
o System automation via scripting, coding and API
· Drive cultural, strategic and technical change required to enhance the current capabilities and service levels of the virtualization services platforms, with the goal being the delivery and management of world class, highly available, scalable, performant and resilient services
· Partner with dependent technology organizations to identify opportunities for improvements in the quality, scalability and resilience of their services upon which we depend.
· Establish strong, productive and progressive working relationships with customers (software engineering management) and technology service delivery partners, such that collectively we can develop competitive solutions that enable Siemens Digital Industries software engineering to maximize innovation velocity and increase further it’s competitiveness in the market.
· Rigorous attention to detail and process orientation, seeking out weaknesses in technology, processes & behaviors that threaten the ability of our organization to meets it’s service level obligations to the business
· Energetic, progressive, empathetic & supportive contribution to the highly motivated and good spirited Global Virtualization and Containers services team, comprising 17 staff across USA, EMEA & APAC.
· Troubleshoot complex virtualization technology stack related issues, working effectively with internal technology services organizations and vendors.
· Influence thinking of senior level staff, both internally and vendors. Drive towards successful long-term outcomes that benefit all parties.
· Manage time proficiently, balancing priorities and managing expectations such that all service levels agreements & commitments can be consistently met.
· Strong character and ability to manage upwards effectively. Business priorities and demands shift rapidly.
· Drive Continuous Improvement within the organization, technically, strategically, operationally and culturally.
· Willingness & ability to travel to Siemens facilities around the world, particularly data center locations in North America & Ireland
· Minimum B.Sc. Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology related field
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Information Technology, focusing on the support and operation of virtualization related technologies & services, preferably vmware vSphere, vCloud Director, Horizon & vRealize Operations Manager, Loginsight & vmware APIs
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Information Technology infrastructure design, implementation and operational support, including server (Dell, HP) , storage (Network Appliance, Tintri, Nimble), windows O/S, Linux O/S, networks (Cisco, HP) and datacenter services.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience of vmware based technology architectural design and implementation
· Strong verbal and written English Language skills
· Demonstrable track record of successful contribution to globally distributed technology services organizations
· Demonstrable experience of successful support and collaboration with a globally distributed software engineering customer base.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time