Technical Product Management Director- REMOTE - 357723
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Technical Product Management Director- REMOTE - 357723
You’ll serve as Head of Business Operations for Lifecycle Collaboration Software Product Management and Marketing team. Your focus will be ensuring all segment leadership has relevant data and decision-making tools and processes to make data-driven prioritization and execution decisions. You will guide the organization in establishing and executing a solution delivery plan for LCS following SAFe Agile practices. Directs managers who are responsible for managing the definition and direction of a product or product family throughout all stages of the product life cycle (concept through end-of-life.).Provides leadership for a group of teams or process areas or a corporate strategic initiative program. May be responsible for process ownership (process results) which will involve process design, integration with other processes, rollout and training and monitoring. May be responsible for a corporate Center of Excellence in a key discipline area which will involve training, developing and mentoring people. Plans, directs and coordinates strategic activities and translates them into tactical directions for lower level managers or individual contributors. Helps set direction for products and services, and for organizational policies. Advises top leadership regarding overall product direction and personnel issues. Develops long-term relationships with customers. Helps decide budget distributions within his or her assigned organization. Passes on communications from higher level leaders, and communicates translation of strategy into tactical direction. Provides feedback and communicates issues upward.
Ideal candidate is flexible and highly organized, very skilled at direct and horizontal leadership, excellent at fostering collaboration across teams. As the Head of Business Operations, you will be responsible for strategic planning, quarterly business reviews, and pricing and licensing of our solution suite. You will guide and collaborate across LCS and our many internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring that business data is readily available to and consumable by all product leaders to enable the organization to make data-driven prioritization and investment decisions.
• Ensure leadership and all key decisionmakers have ready access to revenue and product adoption trends, visibility of the organization's strategic goals, and the tools to leverage this data to prioritize investments
• Drive organization to be informed about and consistently driving to meet recurring revenue goals and KPIs
• Work with finance controller on durable key revenue and deployment metrics and quarterly reports with emphasis on better understanding of sub-business segment profitability. Includes developing supporting analysis to facilitate decisions and trade-offs
• Lead LCS Strategic Planning process to define optimal investment prioritization and execution for R&D delivery planning
• Plan and facilitate face-to-face and remote/virtual meetings with our global team to efficiently work through complex investment decisions
• Work closely with product managers and owners to understand inbound requirements, help guide prioritization and resolve issues
• Drive data-driven investment and prioritization decisions
• Guide product planning across the organization leveraging Scaled Agile Framework for end-to-end product development process
• Drive continuous process improvements into our internal tools (e.g. Polarion) to ensure transparency, streamline our overall decision making and improve execution. Includes clearly defining and communicating requirements to our DevOps support team for implementation in our toolset
• Collaborate with other Siemens stakeholders (Industries, Sales, Services, Technology Office, other DISW business segments, Marketing, etc.) to solicit feedback, balance competing priorities and better understand stakeholder business requirements
• Directly engage with and support customers to articulate and deliver business value of Siemens' solutions, and prioritize and promote development investments with maximum commercial demand
• Seek opportunities to deliver increasingly connected solutions across the breadth of Digital Industry offerings. Support existing customers to expand the value they derive and the users they enable with Siemens' solutions
• Continually be up to speed on competitive and ongoing market dynamics and formulate impacts if any to LCS strategy and execution
• Contribute to M&A proposals based on LCS business and strategy goals and ensure we are proactive in identifying symbiotic technology partners
• Mentor Portfolio Epic owners so they grow professionally in the ways needed to accelerate the delivery of compelling, holistic product solutions
• Ensure product licensing, pricing, and packaging policies reflect industry and SaaS best practices, and support the business needs of Siemens and our customers
• Foster a supportive and collaborative environment that spans our global teams
• Support additional processes within LCS that are needed to run our business
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline
• Must have minimum 5+ years of Enterprise Software and technology experience
• Must have strong background in both business and technical roles
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Flexible, team player with a positive attitude towards internal and external customers
• Proven ability to manage complex programs, including execution, implementation and influencing skills. Able to handle many diverse and complex activities in parallel. Must be highly organized with strong follow-up discipline.
• Strong data analysis and data presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Advanced degree e.g. MBA
• 5+ years in a leading portfolio or product management role
• Background in PLM/ALM especially with Teamcenter and/or Polarion software
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise (SAFe) methodology and best practices
• Experience working in discrete manufacturing industry a plus
The salary range for this position is $159,900 to $287,800 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement