Siemens DI SW is seeking a User Experience Evangelist for Teamcenter, responsible for institutionalizing UX across our organization. This role requires a strong understanding of user experience standard methodologies and domain expertise in product lifecycle management. The individual should have hands on experience with interaction design, visual design, information architecture, user research, and UX strategy, as well as deep understanding of PLM. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to advocate the value of UX at every level in the organization. You will be working across subject areas, organizational and geographical boundaries and with customers from diverse industries to rapidly develop world-class enterprise software. Your challenge will be to take large, powerful, and complex applications such as Teamcenter and transform them into the simple, intuitive, and compelling experience that modern user expectations demand, while preserving their sophisticated capabilities. Having PLM demonstrated ability such as having hands usage of PLM software or similar enterprise scale software or with the processes used for managing product data is necessary.
You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where you will have to keep pace with the constantly evolving technologies and standards. The ideal candidate is driven by the desire to be a user and product advocate and is passionate about designing products that are intuitive, satisfying, and easy to learn.
As the UX Evangelist for Teamcenter, you will own the execution of the UX vision and strategy for a portfolio of PLM products. Evangelizing, coaching, and mentoring the organization about UX best practices will be an integral part of what you do as we continue to evolve our UX practice. You will work closely with UX Leadership and Executive Management to build simple and engaging products as well as provide thought leadership on scaling the UX practice to the next level of maturity. Success will be creating and maintaining best-in-class user experience across our products, especially in complex domains of PLM.
- Lead product UX strategy for PLM software
- Support customer engagements with in-depth knowledge of PLM capabilities and UX principles
- Mentor and guide a group of talented UX practitioners to meet their full potential
- Evolve, strengthen, and evangelize a world class UX culture
- Bring the voice of the customer and user centered design processes into the software development lifecycle
- Work with executive management to play a strategic role in the UX investments made release to release
- Define customer centric UX/UI measurement criteria and test to ensure we increase customer satisfaction with every release
- Collaborate and partner with Product Development to understand the vision of the products we build and ensure UX is highly integrated into the features and capabilities that are enabled
- Be a change agent along with the UX team to make good on the promise of high UX quality across our product offerings
- Represent Siemens PLM Cloud Strategy with customers and Siemens executives. Work with product marketing and sales on the product launch and go to market strategy to ensure that our cloud offerings are successful in the marketplace upon release. Continue working with development, sales and product marketing to manage products through their life cycle to ensure they meet established goals for revenue and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with other Siemens stakeholders (Industries, Sales, Services, Technology Office, other Product teams, Marketing, etc.) to solicit feedback, balance competing priorities and deliver on stakeholder business requirements
- Continually be up to speed on competitive and ongoing market dynamics and formulate impacts if any to LCS Cloud strategy and execution
- Develop relationships with customers across multiple industries and regions in focused topic areas
- Iterate with multiple development teams on trade-offs and priorities on a frequent basis to assist management decision making in-line with product and business strategy and priorities
- In selecting for this position, we will focus on the following criteria:
- At least 15 years of relevant experience understanding and building world class experiences for the users of your product
- Experience with complex Enterprise software products is necessary and with PLM products, or even Teamcenter is a plus
- Industry domain expertise in at least one discipline relevant to the Teamcenter Product Line
- Ability to switch easily between different projects and flexibility to handle rapid change while delivering quality results
- Comfortable speaking to all levels of an organization and customers
- Strong team leadership skills with the ability to support UX teams from generalists to specialists
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Skilled at finding agreement among groups of strong-willed individuals and ability to influence others outside your direct reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It is highly desirable that the candidate has one or more of the following:
- Must have at least 5 years in a leading portfolio or product management role
- Ambitious and decisive leadership
- Degree in Engineering, Human Computer interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, UX Design, or other related discipline
- Experience designing web and mobile applications with responsive layouts
- Experience working with products that are highly tailorable and extensible
- Understanding of low code development platforms
- Expertise with establishing UX standards and gaining organizational adherence to those standards
- Experience with Lean and/or Agile development approaches
- Experience as an end user of PLM software applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.