Support Application Engineer - 384913
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Support Application Engineer - 384913
There is a unique opportunity to work in a very dynamic team of DFT engineers supporting the industry leading Tessent product Suite. Our recently released product, Tessent Streaming Scan Network (SSN), is helping customers solve the most complex IC test challenges of today and the future. You can be part of the deployment of this breakthrough technology and entire Tessent product suite.
Siemens EDA is actively seeking an Applications Support Engineer to play a crucial role in delivering technical assistance to our customers using Tessent Design-For-Test products. In this position, you will provide expert guidance, ensuring our customers' success in utilizing our tools effectively. Your responsibilities will involve offering technical support and instructions to customers and field personnel. Collaborating closely with our dedicated team, as well as with Marketing and R&D, you will tackle the intricate testing challenges faced in various ICs, including those in AI, Automotive, microprocessors, medical devices, cellular phones, and more. As a part of the Support Applications Engineering team, you will be the key point of contact for customers, aiding them in overcoming their DFT challenges. This dynamic and globally coordinated team fosters a collaborative environment, where mutual success is paramount – both for our products and our business, and for each team member's growth and achievements. Moreover, you will actively contribute to enhancing the customer experience on our acclaimed support portal: Support Center. At Siemens, we embrace a culture of continuous improvement, where your ideas and feedback will be valued and heard. Your efforts will undoubtedly make a difference as we strive for excellence in customer support and service.
Who You Are
· You are excited about starting or continuing your career in a customer facing but highly technical role
· You are continuously look for ways to improve your skills and the tools and processes you use to accomplish your daily work. In previous roles you created new or improved upon existing engineering tasks or processes.
· You have superb communication skills and a high emotional intelligence, with an ability to navigate different frames of reference among many stakeholders. In previous roles you demonstrated good communication skills by presenting results or new concepts to others.
· You might not have worked directly with the end customer, but you like the idea of interacting with customers– especially highly educated and driven people – is tantalizing
· You own challenges, finding solutions even when it might mean leaving your lane; you can easily find examples of this when asked
· You are flexible and eager to learn new things, but you’re grounded in some experiences that match the challenging role you’re about to take on
· You enjoy multitasking and not doing the same thing repeatedly
What You’ve Done
· You have at least a bachelor’s degree in EE, CE, CS. If you have a graduate degree, that’s excellent and we will compensate accordingly.
· You have a good understanding of the IC design flow and have done DFT implementation for at least 5 years. This experience does not have to be with the Tessent tools, but this is a plus and compensation will reflect this
· You have demonstrated the ability to guide others to a technical solution in the DFT area.
· You are comfortable working in and with teams in many different geographies and technical backgrounds
· You are comfortable communicating your ideas in both written and verbal form and are comfortable with presenting your ideas to a broader audience.
The salary range for this position is $64,400 to $115,900 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement