Sr Director, Pharmaceutical Industry Lead - 379974
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Sr Director, Pharmaceutical Industry Lead - 379974
• Are you passionate about helping pharmaceutical customers transform their business with cutting edge technology solutions?
• Are you skilled at defining strategies for new, emerging, or existing markets, and developing business plans to grow those markets?
• Are you skilled at understanding of customer processes across an industry and driving the definition of software-based solutions to support those processes?
• Are you a skilled leader in driving change within a matrixed organizational structure?
• Do you want to help build a better, more sustainable future, and help change the way organizations work as they engineer, manufacture, and maintain the products of the future?
In this position you will have a chance to utilize these skills and more as you define strategy for the Pharmaceutical industry within Siemens, including investment priorities, solution direction, and go-to-market strategy across the Pharmaceutical industry, helping to drive growth in an exciting market that is at the heart of innovative products across all industries.
The Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Industry Lead is responsible for running the industry strategy and business development position for the Pharmaceutical industry sector within Siemens Digital Industries Software business unit. This is a growing sector within Siemens Digital Industries Software, with a direct influence on the future of developing new Pharmaceutical solutions. The strategy developed by the leader in this position drives our solution development (make, buy, partner) and go to market prioritization. The position requires interfacing with customer CXOs, VP/Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering and Manufacturing and with Siemens Digital Industries and Digital Industries Software executives, sales teams, internal product development, and marketing teams.
The Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Industry will be responsible for:
• Developing an industry vertical-specific business plan that covers market trends, competitive evaluations, solution & technology gaps, and recommended priorities and actions for sales. The person will also have accountability for working these recommendations and actions with country managers and account teams across the globe to optimize market growth and expansion. The business plan must also address M&A priorities and targets. The industry leader will be responsible to manage and communicating the industry vision and strategy to the global pharmaceutical industry team.
• Solution Definition requirements including shaping our product development priorities, technologies, and portfolio investments. In this portion of the job, the person will have accountability for defining product direction and investment priorities based on market trends, competitive assessments, customer inputs, and industry knowledge. The individual will define and work with Solution Directors and the various product groups to help outline and define solution enhancements and priorities, and work with product group’s managers and technical teams to define technical issues, gaps, and specific required solutions for the pharmaceutical industry.
• Go-to-market, including developing “Go to Market” strategies and messaging in partnership with the marketing team. Additionally, the individual will have responsibility for speaking at major internal Siemens events and external industry events and forums across the globe. The individual will work with other members of the organization to develop templates and solutions that leverage industry best practices to help customers shorten their deployment times and realize business benefits quicker.
• Sales and Customer Engagement: Work with sales teams to enable success with strategic customers and application of industry solutions and apply knowledge and best practices across the global sales teams. This will include supporting sales team enablement of the vision for digital transformation for the pharmaceutical industry and supporting digital threads and solutions, engaging with strategic customers to understand their business needs and requirements, and applying industry knowledge to support sales engagements.
• Degree in engineering, program management, and/or production is required. An MBA or other graduate degree is desirable.
• Minimum 15 years of experience within Pharmaceutical industry is required, having held senior leadership positions.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry business processes and practices is required.
• Experience in digital technology driven process improvement and re-engineering in engineering and manufacturing processes is required.
• Key Attributes for this role include strategic thinking, competitive assessments, business acumen, technology foundation, business development
• Executive presence is required, with demonstrated success working with internal and customer executives.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
• Office environment or remote / work from home
• Location is flexible as this is a global role
• This is a global role with the expectation that the candidate can travel globally as needed to support the requirements of the job.
The salary range for this position is $187,100 to $336,800 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement