Software Developer * - 249107
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Software Developer * - 249107
Company: Siemens EDA (formerly known as Mentor Graphics)
Job Title: Software Developer (Python/C++)
Job Location: Saskatoon, SK
Reference Number: 249107
We are looking for talented junior and senior software developers to join our technical team at the Saskatoon research & development site of Siemens EDA. We develop leading-edge chip design software used by some of the world's largest technology companies, recently highlighted here:  https://aws.amazon.com/partners/success/arm-siemens-eda/.
At Siemens EDA, we develop custom software ( https://eda.sw.siemens.com/en-US/ic/solido/) ( https://eda.sw.siemens.com/en-US/ic/analog-fastspice/) to solve problems in circuit verification, design automation, and other specialized fields within the semiconductor industry. Solutions are found through machine learning, statistical analysis, and advanced (and patented!) techniques. You will be working at the cutting-edge of software development with industry-leading customers at one of the largest companies in the world. This position will be located at our brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at Innovation Place in Saskatoon, SK.
* Use Python and/or C++ to develop software that addresses some of the world's most challenging problems.
* Work with a top-notch technical team, here in Saskatoon and around the world, to ensure our leading electronic design automation products evolve to meet the changing expectations of our customers.
* Collaborate directly with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to define, develop, and deliver new products and product features.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively develop high-quality software in a collaborative environment (school or work).
* Demonstrated expertise in some or all of the following: object-oriented programming (Python and/or C++), Linux, testing, source control (Git), debugging, profiling, GUI design (Qt), memory optimization, high-performance data structures and algorithms, multithreaded programming.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated through software documentation (commit messages, docstrings, etc), collecting customer requirements, and communicating with team members.
* A team player; an ability to provide and be receptive of constructive feedback (through code reviews, design iteration, and the verification process); mentor and teach others on the team.
* Customer-focused; have the ability to prioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI.
* Willingness to learn and interested in new challenges.
* Nice-to-have expertise: Statistics (Monte Carlo analysis), test automation, transistor-level circuit design, EDA CAD tools, SQL, numerical analysis, machine learning, operating systems, compiler design & computer architecture, and release management.
* Must be available to work from our Saskatoon facility.
Compensation is based on experience and market values. You will be asked what your expectations are. There are multiple perks beyond the basic health insurance package, including RRSP matching, share purchase matching, company paid diversity days, and an extensive employee assistance program.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds