Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Charlotte, North Carolina. This is a hybrid position, approximately 50% on-site and 50% remote.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customers expectations by achieving high quality and on time delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
- Ability to understand sophisticated products, solutions, and problems.
- Creates, documents, and implements software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas.
- Works with general supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency and technical expertise.
- Collaborate regularly with other test engineers within the R&D Unit to set and drive the overall development strategy
- Provide guidance, coaching and apply innovative approaches to improve the productivity, efficiency and quality of product
- Set the strategy and approach of non-functional requirements like performance and scalability
- Drive automation wherever possible
- Several years (6-7+ preferred) of programming experience developing commercial software products using ASP.Net , C Sharp, C++
- Knowledge and experience in most of the areas below
- Good knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Auth0, SSO, IdPs
- Architecture patterns (e.g. Microservices/Rest API development, Event-driven, Layered)
- Database technology (e.g. NoSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Common integration protocols (e.g. REST, SOAP, XML or HTTP)
- Cloud solutions (e.g. Preferred AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry)
- Ability to collaborate optimally across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Experience with Agile development, CICD, and Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Proficiency in cross-location communication and the English language
- Flexibility to adapt to different stakeholders and environments
- Willingness to work in an open-feedback environment that wants to continue towards improvement.
- Experience with mentoring and/or guiding subject matter to colleagues
- Experience with challenging business partners to uncover the right requirements and clearly scope requests or ideas
- Experience with quickly learning about and familiarizing yourself with different business domains
- Experience with collaborator management between different business units and management levels
The salary range for this position is $95,800 to $172,400 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.