Siemens EDA’s Global Technology and Infrastructure team strategically supports our engineers and corporate staff in more than 100 offices and R&D centers around the globe. The grid team within the technology and infrastructure organization supports globally distributed grids with over 100K CPU Cores. The grid software is predominantly from Altair (earlier known by the name Univa Grid Engine / Oracle Grid Engine / Sun Grid Engine). To manage grid operations, a host of tools are employed which is mostly written in Perl/Shell
This position will be based out of Wilsonville/Fremont office and will have the following requirements.
- Install, Maintain and Support the grid infrastructure (Altair Grid Engine, IBM LSF, SLURM) to meet uptime, availability, and performance goals.
- Monitor services and respond proactively to fix issues to continuously improve availability and performance.
- Install and Configure Grid Software, upgrade and do patch maintenance. Ensure software license compliance. Liaise with Vendors to resolve problems.
- Work on automating tasks that has a potential for reducing manual repetitive labour.
- Provide Level2/3 assistance to user community by answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and providing informal one-on-one training when needed. Work on Support tickets to meet service level objectives.
- Contribute to evolving standard operating procedures with a focus on problem avoidance
- Maintain and enhance existing tools supporting Altair Grid Engine written in Perl/Shell/Python
- Develop and maintain new tools for IBM’s LSF infrastructure.
- Support and maintain analytics dashboard with Elastic Stack
- Generate usage and performance reports
- Create documentation to support maintenance of tools
- Actively participate in team meetings, report on project status, update monthly metrics and report quarterly on IT operations and project activities
- Develop and maintain web-based solutions to address reporting and analytics needs. Enhance solutions to meet evolving requirements and develop solutions to bring in transformative change.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or Engineering
- Must have 10+ years of experience in Systems Administration supporting Linux and doing automation with Perl/Unix Shell.
- Must have in-depth knowledge supporting and administering servers in a large, multi-site, enterprise-wide environment.
- Must possess Perl/Shell scripting abilities along with process automation experience. Knowledge and experience automation with Python is a plus
- The candidate should have excellent knowledge of Perl and be able to read code and develop understanding to be able to maintain and enhance the current set of tools.
- Experience supporting distributed computing environment (Altair / LSF / SLURM) is desirable
- Knowledge of database systems and experience with MySQL/MSSql is desirable
- Must understand enough of Networking, Storage and Vmware Virtualization to work effectively with colleagues from the respective teams when required for troubleshooting or planning capacity or addressing performance issues
- Experience supporting software development engineers and employees on the move or remote employees. Experience resolving problems in an effective and timely manner in accordance with SLA's and customer expectations.
- Demonstrate Project management, time management and prioritization skills to accommodate business requirements and managing scheduled activities.
- Exposure to Cloud and Big Data Technologies, Elastic Stack is a plus
The salary range for this position is $95,800 to $172,400 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.