Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Senior Applications Engineer - Calibre
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Job Number: 313303
Mentor Graphics is now Siemens EDA!
We are seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced, fun, and friendly environment. In this position, you will be focused on technical support of Siemens EDA leading-edge Calibre products. Responsibilities include
- Drive adoption of Siemens EDA Calibre family of software products by executing both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities
- Assess how company products meet customer needs.
- Prepare product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- Develop and deliver software demonstrations and technical presentations.
- Present software solutions at conferences and technical forums to increase awareness of products and generate leads.
- Perform benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Provide on-site support during enablement, integration, and deployment of and when issues arise with the use of Siemens EDA software products.
- Work with area sales management, account teams, and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Contribute to technical sales plans and communicate with peers and field technical management on progress and account status.
- Provide pre-sales technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations. Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field.
- Establish strategies to broaden target applications for software products.
The job is based in Fremont, CA with as much as 20% travel. However, flexible for other work locations.
- Minimum education required for the position and fields of study, Master’s degree, or foreign academic equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or VLSI, is preferred.
- Alternatively, will also accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign academic equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or VLSI
- Required Experience with IC Physical Verification including (Calibre, ICV, Assura, PVS)
- Preferred Experience with IC Digital Design or Custom Layout and or related CAD skills
- Preferred Experience with DRC (Design Rule Checking), LVS (Layout vs. Schematic), ERC (Electrical Rule Checks), PEX (Parasitic Extraction), PERC (Programmable Electrical Rule Checking) type verification flows.
- Preferred Experience with IC Digital Design (Place and Route) tools
- Must enjoy working with customers and in a large team environment
- Expert level scripting/programming skills are a plus
- A working familiarity with Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
- Motivated team player/leader
- Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.