At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Work as a member of the Analysis & Verification product development team (for more info on the tools we create see www.hyperlynx.com) with a specific focus on quality testing of the resulting product.
- Create and run smoke tests that can be run quickly and often to increase our ability to find new defects or regressions.
- Create test plans to exercise new product functionality manually to stress the product by investigating corner cases, misuse, error conditions, etc.
- Sponsor quality process and procedures throughout the entire product lifecycle including inspections, requirements and quality improvement.
- Develop/Enhance and maintain regression harness and automation framework required to automate testing of our products.
- Perform detailed manual tests. Escalate functionality issues and consequences to management in a timely manner.
- Provide detailed description of procedure steps to reproduce the issue and estimation of behavior with description of expected and actual results.
- Learn the product line and its environments, master new tools including third parties ones as needed.
- Record past verification and validation efforts to ensure reproducibility of results. Assess technical capability of product, including ease of use, functionality, reliability, and performance.
- Test product for defects and limitations, and boundaries.
- Review functional and design specifications and other project documentation.
- Review internal and external product and release documentation and provide appropriate input to others, e.g. documentation teams, third party providers, etc.
- Review issues from customer support when needed and provide work-around where possible. Coordinate efforts with extended product development and release teams
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Emphasis on Signal Integrity/Power Integrity/EMC/RF/Microwave preferred with 2-3 years of industry experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of industry experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong desire to be part of Software and EDA Industry
- Understanding of Transmission line theory, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity fundamentals
- Experience with PCB Signal Integrity, Power Integrity and Electromagnetic simulation tools like HyperLynx SI/PI/Thermal, HyperLynx DRC, HyperLynx Fullwave Solver, SPECCTRAQuest, Power SI, Quantum Channel Designer, HFSS or HSpice
- Familiarity with EDA software, such as Schematic entry, Board layout (PCB) tools
- Familiarity with modeling languages like IBIS, VHDL, Verilog-A, SPICE
- Experience with any of the scripting languages like Python, VB Scripting, shell scripting, Perl, MATLAB
Must have ability and desire to work within a global engineering environment, with multiple assignments and associated timeframes. Solid communication skills are needed in order to be successful, as well as coordinating activities within a strong team culture.
The salary range for this position is $95,800 to $172,400 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.