PRODUCT ENGINEERING SPECIALIST – MULTI-DIE (2.5D & 3D) DFT - 396961Saskatoon, SK
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
The Tessent division seeks a highly motivated, creative, and energetic individual as Product Engineer, specializing in DFT methodology and implementation for multi-die 2.5D and 3D designs. Tessent is the market and technology leader of automated tools for insertion of semiconductor design-for-test (DFT) structures, automatic test pattern generation (ATPG), embedded deterministic compression (EDT), diagnosis-driven yield analysis (DDYA), and hierarchical SoC DFT solutions such as Streaming Scan Network (SSN). This position presents a great opportunity to stay involved technically while getting exposure to marketing and interacting with sales. This role will have a broad focus on Tessent Multi-die and the full suite of related Tessent products including Tessent IJTAG, Tessent Streaming Scan Network (SSN), Tessent BoundaryScan, and Tessent MemoryBIST/BISR EDA software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and characterize new product capabilities needed to meet customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Tessent R&D to prototype, evaluate, and test new DFT products and features within complex IC design flows.
- Lead beta programs and support beta partners.
- Drive product adoption.
- Create and deliver in-depth technical presentations, develop training material, white papers, contributed articles, and application notes.
- Develop and review tool documentation such as User and Reference manuals.
- Work with customers as well as Siemens EDA stakeholders such as regional application engineers, global support engineers, and marketing.
- Work through complex technical issues and independently create solutions and new methodologies.
- Explain complex principles in simple terms to broad audiences.
- Some travel, domestic and international.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field is required.
- Must have 5-8 years of experience, including 2+ years of experience in DFT for complex ASICs / SOCs, including some of the following areas: Multi-die 2.5D/3D DFT, Automatic test pattern generation (ATPG), internal scan, embedded scan compression (EDT), logic built-in self-test (LBIST), IEEE 1687 IJTAG, boundary scan, memory BIST/repair, and hierarchical DFT implementation.
- Exposure to one or more adjacent IC disciplines such as the following a plus:
- RTL coding and verification using Verilog/SystemVerilog/VHDL
- Synthesis and timing analysis
- Place and route
- Advanced IC packaging
- DFT and test for embedded IP cores
- Failure diagnosis
- 2.5D/3D Phy interfaces like HBM2e/HBM3, UCIe, or others
- Known-good-die (KGD) DFT and IP test requirements.
- ATE use / test program development
- Proficiency in a scripting language like TCL (preferred) or Python.
- Experience with Tessent products such as Tessent Multi-die, Tessent TestKompress, Tessent ScanPro, and/or other Tessent software is a strong plus.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Knowledge of IC design trends and emerging requirements.
- Proficiency in LINUX and Windows environments.
- Location can be flexible, but Saskatoon is highly preferred.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Compensation is based on experience and market values. You will be asked what your expectations are. There are multiple perks beyond the basic health insurance package, including RRSP matching, share purchase matching, company paid diversity days, and an extensive employee assistance program.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Déclaration de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.
Please browse our open jobs and select the position that suits you best.