At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
- Act as part of a Delivery Services group, work productively with XHQ Consultants, XHQ Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives.
- As an Architect resource, responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific process aligned designs for the Siemens XHQ Software solution based on multi product/multi-industry domain knowledge and best practices in the subject area
- In line with project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption by leveraging the complete Siemens Delivery framework.
- Provide architectural guidance and advice to Sales/PreSales pursuits and Services projects, through the complexity of solution architecture options and the long-term roadmap for the solution.
- Act as trusted advisor on architectural design to address business problems ensuring that the technical integrity of the solution remains aligned to requirements and value delivery throughout project and that the various project solutions will work together to deliver value.
- Provides direction for XHQ solution process design, process integration and process change activities either internally or at customer sites.
- Leverage relevant templates in the leadership of project solutions in own specialist area, and curate best practices and templates.
- Engage marketing team to support the marketing plan, marketing materials and webinars/workshops
- Works under self-management and will determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects at a country level, of basic to moderate complexity and diverse scope that require specialist architectural expertise and leadership.
- Use the customer solution development experience to assist in solution testing of XHQ; replicate real world use cases, participate in Beta testing of product releases, serve as the liaison during testing between the customer and R&D, provide detailed bug reports, and communicate customer feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or foreign equivalent.
- Solid experience on on-prem, hybrid and cloud solution deployment
- Proven strong experience in SQL queries for MS SQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to translate business requirements into XHQ solution design and deliver project scoping document
- Understanding on network communication, data routing and firewalls
- Hands-on experiences on using Web Service, RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding on Windows IIS and Web Applications
- Exposure to real-time process historians, notably OSISoft PI, Honeywell PHD, and AspenTech IP21, including experience interfacing to historians using SDK-level interfaces.
- Basic knowledge of Data Modeling, with some demonstrated hands-on experience.
- Prior exposure to Data Visualization and dashboard design and development.
- Exposure in performing Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test procedures.
- Basic knowledge of XML and SVG, exposure to XML parsers and XSLT.
- Exposure developing Web Services-based web applications in (SaaS).
- Development experience with relational databases and SQL, especially Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Hands on experience with Siemens XHQ, ideally in the area of solution delivery to customers is a plus.
- DBA-level knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Reporting Services, SQL Integration Services, Microsoft SharePoint. l
- Knowledge of computer security, access control, authentication, and encryption a plus.
- Basic knowledge of PC, servers, tablets and other computational devices.
- Domain knowledge in Oil & Gas, Chemical, or Process industries
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, especially Windows 2012/2016/2019 server and Windows 10, including security aspects, administration
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills, responsive, and keeps commitments
- Results Oriented: Ability to estimate risks and meet deadlines
- Ability to make decisions, show risk awareness, and evaluate options and solutions. Exercises judgment in making sound decisions.
- Team player and contributes towards team goals, customer focused.
- Communication skills: is able to articulate his/her thoughts convincingly in both verbal and written form. Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good time management skills
- Can require up to 30% travel and onsite staff augmentation working model
The total target compensation for this position is $116,100 - $232,200 (consisting of a base and variable). Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.