Operational DevOps and DBA (Penang) - 384644
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Operational DevOps and DBA (Penang) - 384644
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation, and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
This position involves Operational DevOps and DBA within the R&D team for Siemens Opcenter Execution Core portfolio. The portfolio includes the Core, Medical Device, Semiconductor, and Electronics applications. The candidate will work directly with agile leaders, portfolio managers, and development teams to support DevOps and DBA activities including release deliver, support for continuous integration testing and development environments. The position requires problem-solving skills, and a wide range of cross-disciplinary knowledge. This is not a management position.
• Being part of the build and installer team to help support TFS: New build definitions and Installer
• PowerShell scripting
• Branching activities for continuous integration testing
• Deployment monitoring and enhancements
• Candidate would have Oracle and SQL Server experience. Ideally, a good background in Linux is needed. Support Linux for our Oracle installations.
• AWS and Azure management
• Facilitate larger projects like transiting to Azure DevOps or GIT
• Communicate and collaborate with product owners, scrum masters and development teams to support Core’s releases.
• Escalate and track impediments
• Drive continuous improvement
• Willingness to work outside a normal daily schedule to facilitate remote team members across different time zones.
• 5+ years operational DevOps and/or DBA experience: Oracle or SQL Server. Oracle preferred or both would be ideal.
• Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related science is desired.
• Broad exposure to technology and a strong understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle both plan-driven and agile methods
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Latest versions of Oracle (Oracle 19c or 21c) experience preferred
• Latest versions of SQL Server (SQL Server 2019) experience preferred
• Experience with HA/DR preferred (Oracle RAC, SQL Server FCI and/or SQL Server AG)
• Knowledge of Golden gate or HVR or other 3rd party replication software would be a plus
• Any cloud experience would be a plus: Azure SQL Server IaaS or SQL Server Managed Instance or managed Database (PaaS), AWS Oracle IaaS or SQL Server IaaS or AWS Oracle RDS or AWS SQL Server RDS, or Oracle Cloud
• Familiarity with the following tools: Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, Confluence, PowerShell
• Understanding of normal software development practices involved with the design, development, testing, packaging, release, and sustaining of complex software systems
• Highly motivated self-starter and team player
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
#DISW #LI-PLM #LI-Hybrid #LI-PA1