Financial Analyst IV
General Summary of the Job:
This position performs complex financial analyses on forecasts, budgets, cash flows, operating results, and business plans with minimal supervision to enable accurate information for management to make business decisions. Provides financial support and business partnering to key stakeholders in the business to ensure timely access to financial data and adherence to business processes.
- Performs key role in financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting activities. Forecasting and reporting are monthly processes, while budgeting is an annual process.
- Performs key role in financial analysis regarding trends, financial structure, asset, cash and liabilities, etc.
- Partners with managers in the group you are supporting in understanding the financial impact of business decisions.
- Prepares journal entries and supports month-end cost monitoring and close process.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reductions and efficiencies.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and/or automation.
- Builds strong relationships within finance and other corporate functions.
- Carries out a range of operational tasks and project work in the area of expertise as assigned by superior.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Familiar with financial controlling concepts, terminology, systems, procedures, tools and practices. Ensures timely and properly execution of process within given principles and finds ways to make things more efficient.
- Calculates and interprets financial and non-financial metrics within area of responsibility and recognizes correlation between them.
- Advanced understanding of accounting and external reporting concepts and terminology.
- Intermediate understanding of forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Has worked with financial modeling. Knows business models and underlying value drivers in one's own area of responsibility. Can identify and gather information necessary to run a financial model.
- Familiarity with existing audit and control policies and practices. Complies with laws and regulations in one's own area of responsibility.
- Works effectively with others on a common task in a personal or virtual environment. Contributes to team achievements by taking responsibility for own efforts and seeking input/guidance when needed.
- Ability to clearly articulate information verbally and in writing. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans. Adapts one's own behavior to the tasks and individuals involved.
- Demonstrates respect, inclusion and collaboration of different thinking, backgrounds, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organizational levels and dimensions. Demonstrates a willingness to examine own biases, assumptions and attitudes.
- Understands basic concepts behind a disciplined approach to problem solving. Looks for data that help to identify and differentiate the symptoms and root causes of defined problems.
- Responds to shifting priorities while maintaining progress of regularly scheduled work. Can identify conflicts or potential slippage and seek assistance on prioritizing work load.
- Tolerates risk or uncertainty. Can cope with change and shift gears when needed. Handles challenges in one's own area of responsibility, critically self-reflects performance and self-control and works on it.
- Able to lead and/or drive change within immediate work group.
- Collects and integrates necessary data from multiple databases and sources; applies data quality checks.
- Analyzes, interprets, and presents extensive and/or complex data using business intelligence and data analytical tools.
- Exercises sound data stewardship by complying with all data policies and documenting procedures followed.
- Understands the general requirements in terms of data quality and quantity to build reliable statistical models.
- Intermediate understanding of long-term business strategy and the major initiatives of the business to achieve it. Obtains working knowledge of a major industry segment.
- Participates in teams applying project management tools and techniques. Monitors own progress and identifies obstacles and takes corrective action.
- Supports implementation of organizational changes and assists in carrying out the goals and objectives of the management team.
- Deeper understanding of the strategy and major initiatives of the business. Conducts basic analyses, makes logical deductions from information, and supports identifying a solution/concept for resolving the issue.
- Able to draft medium complexity presentations and anticipate some questions. Can effectively communicate within and outside of work group.
- Has basic understanding of programming and low code languages.
- Develops basic understanding of project management on small/medium complexity acquisitions and integrations and due diligence report out.
- Develops a fundamental understanding of the application landscape and the interrelationships between the various financial modules and systems, including the data flow through the systems.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelors in finance, accounting, or business required.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant finance work experience
- Hyperion, Essbase/Smartview, SAP and Business Objects experience a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Siemens hybrid working environment with mix of normal office environment and working from home.
- Minimal travel possible.
The salary range for this position is $93,400 to $168,100 USD and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.