Report To: Data Engineer Lead I Department: Data Engineering I Location: Hybrid (Pasadena, CA), Not Remote
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Strong track record of providing an inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment.
- Competitive salary & bonus package in an entrepreneurial environment.
- We pay 100% of the Health, Dental & Vision premiums for the employee; 80% for the employee’s family. Short-Term Disability (STD) & Long-Term Disability (LTD) are provided and 100% covered by the company.
- We offer PTO (17 days for the 1st 5 years of employment) & up to 10 company paid holidays.
- Flexible schedules and work-from-home opportunities; casual dress environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Our mission at Supplyframe, recently acquired by Siemens, is to deliver the best information, tools, and technology to electronic industry professionals. Through our network of products, we help engineer research, design, and develop their products, while sharing their creations and collaborating with other like-minded engineers around the world. We are a Search Engine and a digital ad network, and our mission is to ease and improve the workflows of hardware engineers.
As the Data Engineer, you will focus on expanding and enhancing our big data platform to deliver clean, structured data to both our internal and external customers. As we expand our capabilities in the areas of data mining, machine learning, and big data analysis, you will help deliver value to our end users. You will have the opportunity to create new data products from our data lakes while working to enhance the cluster's stability and flexibility. You will tackle complex problems while delivering real-world solutions.
- Develop and automate data pipelines using MapReduce/Spark to model large data sets.
- Perform algorithm development and implementation in production systems.
- Develop software in Java, Scala, or scripting programming language.
- Improve existing data frameworks within the data lake to handle anticipated growth and new objectives.
- Manage data lake scaling with regards to space allocation, job optimization, and data partitioning.
- Increase the capabilities of our reporting/analytics platforms to support business insight for internal and external users.
- Maintain data integrity by enhancing our ability to remove content generated by undesirable actors such as bots, scrapers, and pen testers.
- Identify and configure additional technologies to allow for rapid scaling and new capabilities.
Who/What We Are Looking For:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- You have 3+ years of Java/Scala experience working with unstructured data and performing raw text processing.
- You have 2+ years of experience in data analysis and the ability to translate raw, technical data into actionable insight.
- You have 1+ year of hands-on experience using Hadoop/Spark.
- You are comfortable with Unix shell or other scripting languages.
- You demonstrate a clear understanding of web analytics and tracking.
- You are comfortable working with open-source tools and have the self-learning ability to get tools to work with limited instruction.
- You have an understanding of software development best practices and revision control (git).
The salary range for this position is $75K-$100K.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Supplyframe, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.