The communications operations manager is a specific role within the Global Events team. The person in this role is responsible for developing and executing the communications strategy for a defined set of internal and/or external Siemens-led or third-party global events delivered as virtual, physical or hybrid experiences. He or she supports the event strategists and operations managers to promote events, drive audience acquisition and inform internal colleagues of event plans and impact on business objectives.
- Develop omni-channel communications plans with quantifiable impact rooted in business and attendee objectives, audience insights and a deep understanding of content and digital strategy across the full range of promotional channels
- Collaborate with campaign managers and digital event strategists to drive the development of campaign assets (e.g. web site copy, social media posts, blogs, emails, videos, internal & external newsletters, etc.) to promote events and drive audience acquisition
- Coordinate execution of campaigns by Digital Platforms team, PR/social media team, corporate communications teams, and/or field marketing team to support communications plans
- Leverage high-level messaging established by event strategists and corporate communications team and adapt/optimize to accommodate the requirements of different media and delivery mechanisms
- Develop project plans and work with agency writers to create compelling copy that captures key messaging points and follows corporate messaging guidelines
- Set measurable objectives for event communications plans
- Drive the development of standard dashboards and reports to monitor results of communications (e.g. social media impact – network growth, share of voice, sentiment, influence; email click through rates; sales adoption of enablement materials; etc.); adapt to optimize performance
- Maintain corporate brand standards and messaging consistency
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Eight to ten years of related experience, including five to seven years of experience in communications and promotions in a business to business environment
- Proven ability to work across functions and organizations to drive results
- Experience developing communications plans for virtual, physical and hybrid events preferred
- High degree of audience and empathy
- Preferred expertise in one or more of the following competencies: omni-channel digital communications strategy, marketing communcations, social media strategy, website and performance analytics
- Optional experience: paid media (display, programmatic, etc.), search, email, social community management
- Management of event communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field required
- Certifications/affiliations preferred: Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP), Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM) and/or Digital Events Strategist Certification (DES)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Willingness to travel 20 – 50% of the time
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.