At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking an advanced software engineer to contribute to the development of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is a highly scalable, general purpose, multi-physics application that provides an end-to-end user experience with integrated CAD, meshing, physics modeling and in situ post processing tools.
This opening is part of the Cloud Environment team, responsible for the development of our cloud-based solutions. It is an exciting opportunity providing on demand access to HPC resources, lowering the barrier for customers to run our market leading, multi-physics simulations at scale.
The team is seeking someone who has expertise in AWS cloud solutions. The successful candidate will develop micro-services and cloud infrastructure to provide the functionality for users to upload, and interact with simulations run on HPC clusters provisioned specifically for each simulation.
The position reports to the Cloud Environment program manager as part of the Web Framework division of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Platform department.
- Contribute code as part of a larger team of Software Engineers
- Collaborate closely as part of a large, distributed team of developers, testers, and managers
- Participate in regularly scheduled team conference calls to contribute ideas to drive innovation in our technology, and to communicate project status
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, and BitBucket, GitLab
- Participate in peer-based code and design reviews
- Contribute to the architecture and design as we migrate on-premise applications to a cloud environment
- Mentor team members on existing and emerging cloud technologies
- Participate in 24/7 monitoring of our application in Production
- Participate in root cause analysis
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 3+ years of professional development experience in AWS
- Master’s Degree or commensurate experience in computer science or related field
- Understanding of core AWS services and best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Proficiency in Python
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications
- Understands the importance of observability and high availability.
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, IDE’s, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and to present data concisely
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- AWS Certified Developer (Associate/Professional)
- Experience in Java, or C++
- Experience developing solutions on Azure and/or Alibaba
- Familiarity with both Linux & Windows
- API Gateway
Preferred, but not required:
- Cloud Watch
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.