At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Senior Development Operations Engineer is a member of the Development Team and works closely other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development life-cycle. He or She is a leader of operations and processes improvements activities (including analyzing, planning and executing) and brings knowledge, skills and experience to guide the team on good operations practices and make sure all processes run smoothly and predictably.
The ideal candidate has a Growth Mindset and a keen interest in Development Operations, working closely with Software Development Engineers to automate and streamline processes to enable feedback to developers from Continuous Integration, Deployment and Delivery pipelines.
- Analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test and deployment for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Design and implement automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of development teams.
- An awareness of the wider development infrastructure and possibilities of further automation and simplification.
- Support day to day production operations.
- Support integrations between the tools used by developers to queue jobs for the pipeline.
- Participation in Agile / Scrum events such as daily standup, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Supporting the team throughout development process, as needed.
- To always enhance and improve upon current processes.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/Kanban techniques and knowledge of the rationale underpinning these approaches.
- Initiative, self-driven, constantly seeking for improvements
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Strong knowledge of Development Operation principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience and experience in automation of AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience in web software development in at least one of languages such as Java / Scala / C# / scripting languages.
- Ability to work within a team and sole project work.
- Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code concept and tools like Terraform, GitLab, Selenium, Maven, SonarQube, Docker
- A desire to eliminate technical debt and deliver stable, secure software to our customers.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Technical Field or equivalent experience.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.