- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism. Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
- Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts.
- Acts as Technical lead of major projects within one area of a product. Frequently consults with customers in regard to future upgrades and products.
- Influences the technical direction for one area of a product. Promotes innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge into at least one area of a product and to our people.
- Provides high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group.
- Possesses broad knowledge of internal operating systems, applications implications and customer areas.
- Technical Lead in guiding junior engineers.
- Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of the field.
- 9+ years of commercial software product development experience using C/C++/C# and MFC on Windows
- Experience developing 2D and 3D software products using ACIS or Parasolid
- Experience and understanding of advanced features of C++ and object oriented design
- Experience with complex algorithms, and advanced data structures
- Familiarity with Object-oriented software architecture
- Working experience in debugging a complex software stack in tools like Visual Studio / GDB
- Familiarity with build and installation tools like Subversion and AntHillPro
- A collaborative mindset and ability to thrive in a team setup
- Commitment to code quality and testability
- Some experience with MCAD and ECAD systems would be helpful
- A bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (with emphasis on software) or
- Must have completed coursework/projects in data structures, algorithms, operating systems, object oriented methods, computer graphics and programming language principles.
- Additional experience with Linux is a plus.
- Additional experience with QT is a plus.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.