SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - 379244El Qahera El Gididaa, EGY
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 175 years.
We are currently seeking a System Administrator to join our Brightly Team in Cairo, Egypt.
System Administrator and Development Engineer positions for Brightly are key roles in our Data Engineering team responsible for the administration, improvement, preservation, associated communications and ongoing 3rd party BI tooling solutions for Reporting and Analytics.
The position is accountable for the technical components of Brightly’s BI tooling platforms and will be encouraged to deliver incremental business value in an agile environment.
- Design and document a BI administration foundation and implement a long-term strategy associated with key BI tooling administration including features, settings, controls, user access mgmt.
- Establish highly structured standards and best practices for dashboards for the project and server administration automation.
- Manage timing, specs, and internal and external communication of key server management activities as needed between BI Development Engineer, Product Engineers, and Dev Ops teams. Key items include: installation, upgrades, Configuration, License management, Backup, load Balancing Techniques and periodic patches installation on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Monitor server activity and archiving logs for potential performance tuning and enhancements and establish in documented form with Dev Ops for implementation to avoid business continuity during a disaster.
- Administer environment, including creation of accounts with appropriate security and manage automated report scheduling and distribution.
- Ensure environment is secure and with auditing effectively implemented.
- Prepare project related documentation throughout implementation.
- Collect, analyze and share data to help make strategic product decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or a related technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant role experience.
- Administration of BI tooling in multiple SAAS-based environments for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Proficient in Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Administration of BI Products such as: QlikCloud, QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau, PowerBI or Logi Report.
- Change management including upgrades, monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements. Performance tuning / Server management.
- Experience of using AWS(VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, IAM) and Terraform for provisioning AWS resources.
- Familiarity with using Developers tools: GIT, Jenkins, Nexus/Artefactory and YAML/JSON.
- Familiarity with Networking concepts: TCP/IP, Firewall, Routing, DNS.
- Experienced in Windows server installation, management, configuration management, and application management.
- Skilled at configuring Windows AD, roles, permissions, group policies, and Windows security.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Please browse our open jobs and select the position that suits you best.