The role is attached to the Business Development Team within the Fluid & Thermal Domain, part of the Simulation and Test Solutions divisions of Siemens Digital Industries Software. The team consists of individuals who are responsible for leading the business strategy for their industry segment. This individual will be the lead for New Technologies focusing on CO2 reduction and decarbonization primarily outside of the transportation sector.
This team helps develop solutions to customer problems by working closely with the Simcenter Industry Team to create and capture customer value. This entails working with the sales, marketing and product management teams, as well as senior management. Along with customer engagements to drive the business forward.
Key performance indicators for the position include revenue growth from the industry, and development and execution of a strategic business plan for the fluid and thermal domain.
The role has two key functions:
Business development. Supporting the sales and marketing teams to drive business for Simcenter in the Fluid and Thermal Domain focused on New Technologies focused on CO2 reduction and decarbonization. This includes:
Collaborating and coordinating with other teams within the Simulation & Test segment, across the Siemens Digital Industries Software
- Developing sales and marketing collateral in support of Fluid and Thermal Domain industry sales initiatives.
- Training the sales team.
- Visiting and presenting to Customers and at dedicated events.
Helping to create value, by identifying and quantifying market opportunities, and how to realize them (eg., to buy, build or partner). This involves:
Apply the existing capabilities of the Simcenter Fluid & Thermal Domain toolset (STAR-CCM+, FLOEFD, Flotherm, Culgi, Nextflow) into complete applications and solutions for the current and future challenges in the industry.
Identifying and quantifying market opportunities as an input to Product and Senior management.
- Working with Product Management to elaborate product roadmaps.
- Working with Siemens Digital Industries Software Teams and Academic Partners to identify and validate mid-to-long term needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
5+ years’ experience in a sales or business development role.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
- A deep knowledge and experience working in applying computational solutions (CFD, system simulation, structural mechanics), and a passion to explore New Technologies and Emerging Markets within Fluid & Thermal application areas.
- Experience in business development or consultant role; specifically, convincing stake holders about the value of simulation in solving complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (English language) skills.
- A self-starter able to work in a globally distributed organization.
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative team, with a focus on excellence.
- Demonstrate strategic business or project planning and execution experience (able to develop and drive long term business plans).
- Define creative Go-to-Market approaches attracting external and internal Customer attention.
- Global travel up to 30% - approximately 15% within the US, 15% rest of the world.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Completed professional Sales Training
- Experience with Challenger Sales approach.
- Product management experience
#LI-PLM #LI-JB1 #LI-REMOTE #DISW
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.