APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - AMS - 371388Cary, NC
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Company: Siemens EDA
Job Title: Application Engineer - AMS
Job Reference #: 371388
Job Location: Cary, NC, Remote, US
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Siemens EDA analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in circuit simulation and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning), as well as solid communication skills, and strong team building skills.
The Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The Application Engineer must align with Account Managers to meet or exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Sales and support responsibilities include assessing customer technical requirements, conducting product demonstrations, running evaluations, and driving product adoption.
The position is based in Raleigh (or other east coast location). The successful candidate must be able to travel to cover multiple accounts. As an Application Engineer for AMS, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Siemens EDA AMS software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- Illustrate the value Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Siemens EDA Analog Mixed Signal family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Siemens EDA Analog Mixed Signal products.
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Drive business for Siemens EDA, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Siemens EDA products and differentiate from the competition.
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of the following education and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred
- 2-5+ years analog or mixed-signal design engineering experience
- Broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows including the different types of analysis solutions for analog design including Spice, Fast-Spice, Mixed Signal – Mixed-Mode analyses and flows
- Ability to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Track record of good customer relationships
- Experience with IC schematic tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso
- Experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Siemens EDA Eldo & AFS and mixed-signal circuit simulation tools, such as Siemens EDA Questa ADMS, Cadence AMS Designer
- Working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
- Travel is required
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table and we can't wait to read your application!
The total cash compensation range for this position is $116,100 to $232,200 with 20% of this being comprised of an annual incentive target. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Please browse our open jobs and select the position that suits you best.